Our Team welcomes you to ShoesOptional. We offer adults the opportunity to explore communicating on a social level with others who have similar experiences, interests and values.
ShoesOptional, LLC is a private corporation with multiple interactive programs beginning with:
- ShoesOptional(sm): Devoted to providing the mobile friendly websited, awesome optimized content & strategic marketing services.
The Policy statement in this Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms for your use of the Public Areas and/or Subscription Services and is hereby subject to and incorporated into the Terms and Conditions of Use (MAKE THIS A LINK) which govern your use of our Site. You agree and consent to our use and disclosure of personal information as described herein by accepting this Policy and the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Note Regarding Children: This site is for adults only. Children are not eligible to use our services and minors (under age 18) should not submit any personal information to us.
What Do We Collect?
When you visit our Web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site.
Our primary goal in this collection of information is to provide you with personalized, efficient and easy to use services.
- Personal Registration Information You Choose to Provide: You will provide us information about yourself, your firm or company, and your practices when you register to be a member of ShoesOptional, register and subscribe for certain services, or register for email newsletters and alerts. You may also provide additional comments on how you see ShoesOptional servicing your needs and interests. Personally Identifiable Information is collected and used internally to allow you to access our Services and maintain user and/or subscriber information records, thereby providing you with more personalized service. Our collection of Personally Identifiable Information focuses on ensuring that you receive a viable product and collateral services.
Our subscription programs allow your personal summary, comment and photo to be available for other members to view on the Site. Subscriber’s personal summary includes a description and photo, likes and dislikes, individual comments and other information helpful in determining communication opportunities. Your viewable personal summary does not include any identifying information about you, except the Username you chose upon registering. We do not rent or sell your email address to third parties.
If your information resides outside of the United States, please be aware whatever information you provide is being sent to the U.S.
- Visitors to the site: The site will automatically collect and/or track:
- Information regarding the server domain, email addresses, browser information
- Visitor information provided by the visitor when using the public access areas including but not limited to online communication and surveys
- Email Content: If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages along with your email address and our responses.
- Website Use Information: Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and Web server logs to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site. We, our sponsors and ad serving companies may also use small technology or pieces of code to determine which surveys, notices and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them. This is considered Aggregate Information that cannot be traced back to any specific individual user or subscriber and therefore is completely general in use.
How is Your Information Used?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information collected from visitors and/or subscribers for internal purposes of troubleshooting issues that may arise, review to identify challenges or resolve disputes, administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers.
You agree we may use your information to analyze site usage, improve our content, and also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Web site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable.
You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at email@example.com.
What are Cookies?
How Do We Use Information Collected from Cookies?
How Do We Use Information Collected from Cookies?
Information Disclosure We may enter into alliances, partnerships or other business arrangements with third parties who may be given access to personal information including your name, address; telephone number and email for the purpose of providing you information regarding products and services that we think will be of interest to you, unless you notify us otherwise. In connection with alliances, partnerships or arrangements, we may also provide certain information to third parties if we have determined that the information will be used in a responsible manner by a responsible third party.
For example, some of our other divisions, associates and/or sponsors have commercial use of, or provide services on, our site, while others power offerings developed by us for your use. We also use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email and processing credit card payments. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our associates and other third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with business activities. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution.
In the existing regulatory environment, we cannot be certain that third parties will not unlawfully intercept or access private communications, and we are unable to ensure that private communications and/or other personal identifiable information will not be disclosed i.e., if such disclosure is forced by law enforcement agencies or the government.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us or affiliated parties; you do authorize us to disclose your information as necessary for investigation of any activity that is illegal.
- Protect and defend our rights and property, our site, the users of our site, and/or our affiliated parties.
- Disclosure of Information to other divisions or site affiliates will not be shared without obtaining your consent.
- User postings to public areas and/or subscription services should be conducted using your “selected screen name.” These postings become public and, therefore, we urge users and/or subscribers to exercise caution in disclosing personal information.
- When communicating directly with another Subscriber when using one of the password protected subscription levels, exchange of any personally identifiable information is at Subscriber’s discretion. You are strongly cautioned to be prudent in deciding whether and how to reveal personally identifiable information.
- The site DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES ARISING FROM VISITOR’S DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Web site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As our customer, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Are Information Transmissions Secured?
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. Some of the information you may enter on our Web site may be transmitted securely via Secure Sockets Layer SSL, 128 bit encryption services. Pages utilizing this technology will have URLs that start with HTTPS instead of HTTP. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
How to Access & Correct Your Information
Once registered, you may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database through our User Profile Services.
How to Access & Correct Your Information
Passwords Passwords are an important aspect of computer security and should not be disclosed to any third party. If lost or stolen or used without permission, users and/or subscribers should notify firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Information about Other Websites Linked to Our Site
We are not responsible for the practices employed by Web sites linked to or from our Web site nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other Web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Web site.